Friday, May 8, 2015

Taco Soup

I didn't really know what Taco Soup was, since I'd only had it maybe 2 times ever in my life. One day I decided to give it a try and make some and this is what I came up with.

Taco Soup

-1 lb ground beef             
-1 onion, diced
-1 pkg taco seasoning      

-2 cloves garlic, minced              
-2 C beef broth
-1 can tomato sauce        
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 green pepper, diced
-1 red pepper, diced
-2 C frozen corn
-1 can pinto beans           

-1 can kidney beans
-chili powder, to taste
-cumin, to taste
-cilantro, to taste (fresh or dried)
-salt & pepper, to taste    

-Brown the beef. Add the taco seasoning.
-combing everything else into a soup pot
-Add the spices to your personal taste.
(usually 1/8- 1/4 tsp)
-Simmer over medium-low heat until the vegetables are tender.
-Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream





No comments:

Post a Comment