Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sweet Potato Pie

So I didn't make up the recipe, I got it from my mom ages ago who got it from...someone else...and this isn't technically a pie either, it's a casserole. But I put it in a pie dish and since I really dislike the word casserole, I call it a pie. This year I will be adding a bottom pie crust to mine to truly make it a pie (because I LOVE pie) but you can try it out either way, with crust or without, this stuff is pretty tasty. My husband will eat it, and if he will eat it, it must be fairly decent.

Sweet Potato Pie

-unbaked pie shell
-3 C pureed sweet potatoes (you can peel, cut up, boil and mash, or wrap in foil and bake, and then peel and stick in a food processor)
-1/2 C sugar
-1/2 C melted butter
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/3 C evaporated milk
-2 eggs

Topping:
-1/3 C melted butter
-1 C brown sugar
-1/2 C flour
-1 C chopped pecans


-mix the sugar with the butter, vanilla and milk until the sugar has dissolved. Mix in the pureed sweet potatoes.
-add eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth
-spoon mixture into the pie shell or large pie dish if you wish to omit the bottom crust

-Mix the flour with the brown sugar and add the melted butter and mix until crumbly. Add the pecans and mix again.
-Top the sweet potatoes evenly with the crumble mixture

Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment